Below are some of the common mistakes customers make when dealing with overseas factories:
- Not fully understanding regulatory and compliance issues
- Not knowing Chinese factory schedules that can sometimes effect delivery times. This is particularly true during Chinese New Year.
- Being unable to effectively communicate with foreign factory staff because of language and cultural barriers.
- Not being able to effectively manage production and QA of the product because they have no staff physically located at the factory.
- Too many middle men between the customer and the factory can significantly effect communication, quality.and price.
- Not fully understanding customs and logistics issues.